The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Sports / 77's Foolish House of Pigskin

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/path40a-shania-twain-to-paraphrase-quotman-i-18485262.aspx

Subject:  Re: Alliances Date:  1/25/2003  12:31 PM
Author:  path40a Number:  9142 of 95886

path40a - Shania Twain (to paraphrase "Man, I feel like having a woman ... her!;-)

But seriously, if no one will claim 'em, I'll take the Falcons.

After all, the team from the town I grew up in deserted "us" anyway. See, I grew up in St. Louis, learned to hate the Cowboys & Redskins (neither the Eagles nor Giants were much of a threat 25 years ago), and loved the Cardinals (at least, the baseball team). Ironically, when my folks retired and moved to Phoenix, Bill Bidwell (whose son went to school with my younger brother ... he was a jerk too) followed them ... they couldn't get away from bad pro (?) football ... LOL! When I came to Atlanta to become a helluva engineer, true to my Redbirds, I have never adopted the Braves even though they had a better '90s than my team did.

However, during Michael Vick's sensational play (in effectively his senior year of college!) this past season, I've found the pro football game again and think I'll be a fan for years to come. I thought my interest would wane after the Falcons were eliminated, but it hasn't ... I've watched all four games since and I'll be watching tomorrow night. BTW, after seeing Tampa's defense twice this season, I'd take the points if I were a betting man.

Glad I found this board too, it's a good one (and more active than my "Tennis Fools" too;-)
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us