The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/what-are-the-consequences-of-not-having-sector-32-18535868.aspx

Subject:  Re: TurboTax software problem Date:  2/4/2003  10:21 AM
Author:  irasmilo Number:  63482 of 121482

What are the consequences of not having Sector 32 not being restored to its original condition?

I don't know. This is well beyond my level of technical expertise. You might want to do a google search in the alt.comp.software.financial.quicken newsgroup to learn more. (Yes, the "quicken" newsgroup is where all the tax software discussions take place.) In lay terms, if someone writes something to a part of the drive that you can't read using your normal tools, how do you know what is there? How do you know that it doesn't have some way of interacting with your system? If it can interact with your system and something goes wrong, who will be responsible? A good uninstall routine should uninstall everything. I won't comment further on this because I don't want to misrepresent what I might not fully understand.

Ira
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us