The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Question about refunds Date:  2/5/2003  9:53 AM
Author:  medgoddess Number:  63506 of 127745

So does that mean that in 2003, when I will itemize and deduct 2003 taxes, my 2002 refund is taxable?

I can legitimately see it both ways - it not being taxable since in 2002 I didn't itemize or it being taxable since I received it in 2003 and I am itemizing then.

Not trying to be difficult...
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us