The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Automotive / Buying and Maintaining a Car

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/vehicle-transfer-of-ownership-18546900.aspx

Subject:  Vehicle Transfer of ownership? Date:  2/6/2003  9:45 AM
Author:  MindsEye Number:  23419 of 71050

I hope that this is the correct board to ask this as I am not sure what other place to post this. Here goes.

My girlfriend and I our both considering buying new Hondas. Accord EX V6 for me and Pilot EX for her.

I pay cash for mine, she pays cash for hers. I am considering putting my vehicle in her name because it would save me money, thousands of dollars.

Things are great with us and we love each other very much. However, my question is if the possiblility that our relationship heads south for whatever reason how would you suggest I protect my investment in my new vehicle from such an occurance.

I am thinking of her signing in advance both a bill of sale and the Assignment portion of the back of the Title of ownership to me with the rest of the details to be left blank to be filled in by me if the need arises. Both documents to be held by me for safe keeping.

Will this transfer ownership of the Honda Accord to me whenever I want to? Do I need other forms? Should I do it a different way?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

MindsEye.

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us