The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/simply-begin-asking-questions-or-making-comments-18656602.aspx

Subject:  Re: Long Term Care Insurance Date:  2/27/2003  12:10 AM
Author:  FAEZ Number:  8381 of 19221

Simply begin asking questions or making comments under this post and we'll see what happens

I have a lot of questions about LTC and most of what I read just makes my head spin. I'd really like to know the trade-offs of the various coverages.

For example, I know it's cheaper if you start younger. Of course, then you pay in longer. Also, less coverage like $100 a day is cheaper than $200 a day. And inflation adjusted payouts cost more than non-inflation adjusted. Also, there are inflation adjustments at a compound rate and at a simple rate.

It would really be helpful to see a chart of the premiums charged. The left column would have the person's age. Next column would be $100 per day non-inflation adjusted, next, $100 per day with 4% simple inflation, etc., etc.

I know this is hard since rates vary by location, health, etc. But just a SAMPLE chart would at least give us some idea of what we're talking about.

Perhaps this is beyond the scope of this discussion board.

Just a thought.

Andy

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us