The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/hello-i-have-ltc-ins-through-my-place-of-18669552.aspx

Subject:  Re: Long Term Care Insurance Date:  3/1/2003  1:51 PM
Author:  buffalogal100 Number:  8391 of 19414

Hello -

I have LTC ins through my place of employment. I am 55 and my hubby is 56. The motivator was that to have this type of insurance is a buffer against invading hard earned and hard saved capital for extended care.
We both had to consider each other and who would be left holding the financial baggage should one of us incur a lingering illness.
Compound that with the emotional toll that could be taken because of this is a double whammy. My slant is if you can afford to do this, do it and have some peace of mind. Mr Buffalo's family has a history of Alzheimer's. Mine, peripheral vascular disease - both male and female.
Mr Buffalo's parents were prepared for care because of their wisdom in anticipating this and getting insurance long ago. My FIL now has good care in a nursing home and my MIL is not worried about how to pay for it. She gets a check every month that covers expenses. My .02

B'gal
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us