The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/yep-some-people-can-only-contribute-to-3000-18699527.aspx

Subject:  Re: Basic Question Date:  3/7/2003  12:56 AM
Author:  dsemmler Number:  35841 of 75782

Yep, some people can only contribute to $3,000 toward retirement account, some can contribute $11,000, and some can contribute $40,000 (self employed people). Hey nobody said life was fair!

Thanks, that is what I was thinking but was just looking for the confirmation that I wasn't missing something.

Also, bug your company until they provide a retirement plan. Sheesh it doesn't cost them anything if they don't match and it can save their employees a fortune.

The situation I have right now is that supposedly all of the employees of the company I am with all need to contribute to the plan, and need to contribute the same percentage. Everyone is interested except for one person and since it is an all or nothing, we get nothing!

Does anyone know what type of plan this is that everyone is required to contribute and contribute the same percentage?

Thanks.

DT
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us