The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/ya-know-this-retirement-planning-is-more-work-18724463.aspx

Subject:  Re: Wellesley Income Fund Date:  3/11/2003  7:17 PM
Author:  Jack254 Number:  35889 of 76082

Ya Know ... this retirement planning is more work than work. :-) Thank you all for your input. Paul, your one note mentioned rule 72t. That was a couple of hours reading all in itself. If I understand it correctly I can take a disbursement based on my life expectancy but I can't change the draw for five years. (5 yr rule) Then when social security kicks in I can take a reduced amount. (age 58 to 63 +/-). Or I could just leave it all sit for a year and a half and do what I want. Does that sound correct? Yobria, I understand about the sell low buy high. Perhaps the Wellington would be better. The Wellesley caries 52 stocks if I remember correctly and they are all high dividend paying companies. I will have to look to see what the Wellington carries. At my age and the way I will have to take the lump sum I will have to do something with it in a short amount of time. dr.nonlinear ... REIT's have had a nice run over the past three years. 13%?? Do you think it will last or fall back to a more realistic 4%? Homes in my area (Chicago - North) seem over valued. The Health Sciences could be a winner considering the baby boomers are heading into retirement. It sure wouldn't hurt. You think the 60/40 split is the best? 40/60 too conservative? RT, thanks again for the book info. I'll try to get a copy in the next day or two. Sorry for the long post. Thanks again. Jack.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us