The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Education, Jobs & Professions / Ask The Headhunter

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/now-having-said-all-that-are-you-sure-you-want-18736796.aspx

Subject:  Re: 1099 or W-2 employee? Date:  3/13/2003  4:26 PM
Author:  lemongirl Number:  28623 of 49438

Now having said all that, are you sure you want this job? Look at it from a customer's point of view. If you got a long distance cold call, asking all sorts of personal questions (like you would have on a credit application) would you give out that information? I know I wouldn't. I suspect you might end up spending a lot of time and money making long distance calls with little or nothing to show for it.

Well, I'm in Maine and most in state calls are long distance, but people still consider anything based in Maine to be a "local" business, but I agree that I would not give that kind of info. out on the phone. However I made some training calls and was shocked that most people were willing to answer my questions and give their social security numbers. One guy even offered me his SS number as soon as I finished introducing myself!

Lemongirl
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us