The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Amended return Date:  3/22/2003  3:47 PM
Author:  pmarti Number:  64620 of 127616

I was planning to amend my 1999 tax return and I got a copy of the form (1040X), which was only one page and seemed very simple. But the instructions that went with the form say that I am to submit all the accompanying schedules and, apparently, a brand new complete tax return for that year.

I think you misread something. You need attach only those forms and schedules that changed and the change is not completely explained on the 1040X. For example, if AGI changes tax will change, but you don't have to include a copy of the back of the 1040.

If you like, feel free to post or e-mail your description of changes and I'll be glad to tell you what needs to be attached.

Phil Marti
VITA Volunteer
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us