The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/andy-hear-hear-whenever-a-topicproduct-is-as-19053537.aspx

Subject:  Re: Long Term Care Insurance Date:  5/15/2003  10:47 PM
Author:  LaEsperanza Number:  8441 of 19414

Andy -- Hear! Hear! Whenever a topic/product is as complicated as LTC is now, I assume it's still in transition and will some day settle down enough that one brand can be compared with another.

For example -- remember the early days of computers? My first attempt to learn how to use one was on a computer a friend had built for himself -- and it had all sorts of DOS instructions that completely drove me crazy -- especially "re-boot." About the time I "mastered" DOS, along came Windows! More recently, cell phone plans have been bad -- really hard to compare apples to apples. But LTC insurance might even be worse.

I really do think that, if a product or idea hangs around long enough, it trends toward simplicity (for the consumer, at least -- who knows how much more complicated Windows is way down under than good old DOS??). For example, The Motley Fool is simplifying the 401K math for me. Some. So LTC is going to get simpler.

But will it happen in my lifetime??? Please, somebody out there, find a way that I can compare apples to apples!!!!

Barb

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us