The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: IRA question Date:  6/10/2003  3:39 PM
Author:  ccschafer150 Number:  65763 of 127637

<I currently have my stocks in a plain-old, everyday taxable account. Is it possible to use these to open an IRA, much like one transfers shares when switching brokers?>

Cash must be used to make contributions to an IRA. When transfering from one IRA to another, shares may be transfered from one account to another.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us