The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Family Life / Infertility/Fertility Issues

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/megan-welcome-and-were-so-happy-to-have-you-19410903.aspx

Subject:  Re: Difficulties with Intercourse Date:  8/4/2003  9:57 AM
Author:  GardenStateFool Number:  914 of 2282

Megan -

Welcome, and we're so happy to have you!!! I've missed a few days so I'm coming into this a little late, but I would definitely second (and third) the suggestions of varying your positions if you don't already. While I don't usually find intercourse painful at all, occasionally I do find pressure in certain areas uncomfortable, so we vary our positions accordingly.

The position MichaelR suggested is one that works very very well for that kind of thing, as well as the one Parkway suggested. This might also help with your overstimulation as there isn't so much skin-to-skin contact.

I also strongly recommend the lubrication, it helps a lot, especially if you are looking for a "quickie." While I am often "in the mood" for one, some of the medication I'm taking kind of demands that timing be right, and my brain is sometimes not really in synch with that kind of demand. In that case, I just use a drop or two of lubricant and even though my head isn't as "in the game" as my DH would like it to be, I do derive enjoyment from it and love being close to him, so he's happy as well.

I'll try to think of anything else that might be helpful. In the meantime, please know that you are among friends and we are here for you!

Alison
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us