The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Family Life / Parents and Expecting Parents

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/what-do-i-do-we-cant-really-afford-another-one-19416739.aspx

Subject:  Re: Baby - Or more specifically, me wanting one Date:  8/5/2003  12:59 PM
Author:  Fallout2Queen Number:  12045 of 42361

What do I do? We can't really afford another one yet, but that doesn't seem to satisfy my heart and baby-growing equipment - they want it and they want it NOW.

Part of being a responsible adult is delaying gratification and not getting everything you want right away when you want it.

Wait 6 months and see how DH's new job is working out and what your financial situation is then. Go over to LBYM and reread your posts about how broke you were/are due to his unemployment.

What did y'all do when you wanted another child, but knew it wasn't the right time? Sleep in separate houses?

One word: condoms. They're available at Wal-Mart, Target, and lots of other places. www.drugstore.com has a good selection.

At the end of the day, it's your (and your DH's) choice, but I strongly suggest waiting.

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us