The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / FIRE Wannabees

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/96hokies-writes-ive-lurked-on-the-retire-early-19423106.aspx

Subject:  Re: What is a FIRE Wannabee? Date:  8/6/2003  5:27 PM
Author:  FoolMeOnce Number:  67 of 5083

96hokies writes:

I've lurked on the Retire Early board and dreamt of the day that I'd be among the FIRE community. My DH and I are in our late 20's and already hate the idea of working... so, save, invest, save more and strive to be FI (with the option to) RE!

Greetings to a fellow hokie! One nice thing about being a hokie . . . instant realization of the significance of the moniker. I'm going to be driving to Tech in a couple of weeks to drop off my youngest daughter (a legacy) who starts her freshman year.

At orientation in July one of the speakers cracked me up. She said that as soon as you become a hokie two very strange things happen; 1) You begin to think of a turkey as a majestic and powerful bird, and 2) you start wearing the colors orange and maroon . . . together . . . and really believing that it looks good.

Regards,
FMO
Civil Engineer '76

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us