The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / FIRE Wannabees

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/hmm-i-dont-think-ive-ever-done-that-but-19426870.aspx

Subject:  Re: What's your magic number? Date:  8/7/2003  2:16 PM
Author:  mazske Number:  156 of 5068

Hmm, I don't think I've ever done that. But should it go on another board? I don't want to get too OT with my personal situation. Do you think it would help others with this board?

I don't think you would be getting too OT with talking about your personal situation. This board is for the folks who are still working and want to FIRE. What better way to learn how to save more money, reduce expenses etc than by letting us Wannabees study your budget.

This is not a budgeting board, but if by posting a budget it helps yourself or someone else learn something which gets them closer to their personal FIRE date, then all the better.

The concept behind the FIRE Wannabee board was to have a watercooler type discussion board where everything is game, but anything like flaming, totally OT stuff, arguements, criticism etc were off limits.

The way to FIRE is easy. Save as much money as possible and/or have enough non-working type income coming in. When you have enough to pay your bills and enough to last the rest of your life, you can retire.

However, the discussion about ways to save more money, where to save it at, what kind of hobbies to have, where to live etc. are great ways to prepare all of us for FIRE.

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us