The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Family Life / Infertility/Fertility Issues

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/some-people-dislike-the-feeling-of-lotion-so-much-19433786.aspx

Subject:  Re: Difficulties with Intercourse Date:  8/8/2003  5:14 PM
Author:  sofaking6 Number:  939 of 2281

Some people dislike the feeling of lotion so much they would rather get a sunburn than use sunscreen.

And maybe when they get skin cancer they'll think, "maybe I should have at least tried to see whether there was some way I could have gotten over my intense dislike of lotion".

I have no reason to believe that the "'overstimulation' thing", as you put it, is anything but a normal healthy variation of the human experience. Annoying yes, but pathalogical, no. My belief is further reinforced by other posters to this board saying they have similar experiences.

"Annoying", when you burst into tears whenever your husband touches you? Aren't you even curious whether there's something medically wrong that could be fixed?

I saw a link to your post, and just felt that all the responses telling you not to worry, that it's totally normal to be unable to be touched, were off base in that if you haven't seen a doctor ever about your condition, it seems like a very logical first place to start.

I would hope on this board of all places posters would be able to accept that people have a range of differences.

Look, if I sounded like I was judging or insulting you, I didn't mean it that way. I really think that you should see a doctor. If you think I'm wrong and/or don't want to, that's your prerogative.

Ciao,

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us