The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / FIRE Wannabees

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/im-33-now-and-still-have-a-net-worth-above-my-19453724.aspx

Subject:  Re: FIRE checker for Fools Date:  8/13/2003  5:09 PM
Author:  dsemmler Number:  353 of 5076

I'm 33 now and still have a net worth above my current income. Now my goal is to get my net worth to twice my income!

Woo-hoo! I have a spreadsheet that I use to track my net worth that I update on the 1st of the month (or thereabouts) so I think I will add in a little section to incorporate a net worth goal and the "countdown".

I have done something similar with another spreadsheet to provide an overview of how much more I need to reach my initial estimates for RE. I have the total amount I want to have for FIRE, my current savings and the remaining balance. In addition, I have it broken down by each year with the targeted amount of savings to set aside each year.

In addition, it lists my total savings and the withdrawals in retirement for each year of my expected retirement. This was a spreadsheet I created using advice received over at REHP. It is pretty crude but it gives me a snapshot of how far I have to go.

dt
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us