The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / FIRE Wannabees

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/monica-wrote-fyi-my-mom-works-at-the-local-19455083.aspx

Subject:  Re: FIRE checker for Fools Date:  8/13/2003  11:16 PM
Author:  dsemmler Number:  358 of 5056

Monica wrote,

FYI - my mom works at the local library and there are these two programs that you can use to get library books from other libraries. In my area (suburb of Detroit, MI), they "inter-loan" books from local libraries and use the MILE program to get books from further away. My husband uses MILE all of the time and gets really, really rare books from universities and stuff.

Ask the reference librarian at your library about this!

Thanks for that great idea! I vaguely remember that feature of libraries now that you mention it but had completely forgotten about it. Maybe I will make Sunday my library day and go with a list of a few books I have been wanting.

Other than that, I still have an old library card from the town I used to live in with much larger/nicer libraries so I can try there. My parents still live in that town so I can register under their address if I need to renew my card.

Thanks again for the suggestion!

dt
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us