The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-guess-it-is-all-in-your-attitude-two-years-ago-19460052.aspx

Subject:  Re: Yeah! Date:  8/15/2003  12:18 AM
Author:  windyelliott Number:  167917 of 308881

I guess it is all in your attitude. Two years ago I felt like I was drowning in credit card debt. Now I am buying a home I love, I drive the car I have always wanted and my credit card debt is all but gone. I may not have done things the way you have, but I am 33 years and and very happy with where I am in my life. We all need to have a car. Most folks need to finance to do it. I have one that I won't have any maintenance on for two years (oil changes for the first two years were included in the price) and I won't have to worry about it breaking down. Also, Since I will only be paying for it for a year, my additional cost will only cost me an additional few hundred dollars over paying cash. As for making a tax deferred plan, I am maxed out in my IRA (I am no longer eligible for a roth). I am also putting a third of my extra income into savings, while the other two thirds goes to debt reduction.

Owning a car isn't a nightmare unless you see it that way.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us