The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  MD tax question Date:  8/21/2003  12:46 PM
Author:  twputnam Number:  66576 of 127616


Since you reside in MD, perhaps you can answer a MD tax question for me. Does MD let one exempt the gain on a personal residence using the same rules as the Feds? It would seem that they do since a MD tax return starts with the 1040 and the gain would not show up on the 1040 if it meets all the requirements - less than $500k for married, lived in 2 yrs out of last 5 yrs, etc.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us