The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / FIRE Wannabees

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/oh-boy-do-i-ever-know-this-feeling-actually-it-19489533.aspx

Subject:  Re: Net worth/net income ratio stories. Date:  8/22/2003  10:24 AM
Author:  FriedaChopsticks Number:  530 of 5069

Oh boy, do I ever know this feeling. Actually, it seems I always feel as I'm way behind everyone, but I know in actuality I'm not. However, from reading these posts on this board, I may be behind most of the FIRE Wannabees.

I don't think you are behind all the FIRE Wannabees, but those of us that feel we are behind probably are keeping quiet!!

I'll be brave. I'm 26 and I personally have just hit positive net worth (woo hoo!!) this year. However, if you bring BF into the picture --he's back in school-- we're going back in the red at a pretty steady rate. I'm learning to be OK with that.

The good news is that my boss is looking to hire me on permanently at a salary that will be significantly more than my current hourly wage. (But I'm not holding my breath...) While I'm waiting for my permanent position to come through, I'm working two jobs and making steady progress on my tiny student loans and my tiny IRA. I also have a peanut jar where we put all of our spare change. That's the Condo Fund <g>.

Hey, baby steps, right?

Cheers,
FriedaChopsticks
-- in an exceptionally good mood, because she doesn't have to work ALL WEEKEND. :)
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us