The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

International Investing / China Connection

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/busted-bob-rjaudensr-has-found-me-out-first-19499706.aspx

Subject:  Re: The Larry Leverage Date:  8/25/2003  10:11 AM
Author:  Larry01Gott Number:  277 of 3435

BUSTED!!
Bob (rjaudensr) has found me out.

First, Bob, thanks for those VERY KIND words (and those 'recommends' from others)
But yes, I was (and am) a teacher before I was a stockholder.

I teach Bible studies at church, and Microsoft Excel at work, and anything else inbetween. You're also correct that I like to encourage and foster growth in others, and I like to share knowledge when and where I can. I like to make difficult things simple (and frequently succeed in also making simple things difficult).

More importantly, I'm a learner. I learn everything I can from everybody, and there is nobody that I can't learn something from. So I turn the praise back to the others on this board and other boards where the dialogue is PARTICULARLY civil and helpful.

And I'm a reader. China websites, business websites, books on China, often reading 2 or 3 books at one time.
Now reading: "China's Century", "The Coming Collapse of China (written in late 2000, too pessimistic)", and "A Mathematician looks at the stock market." (Very insightful)

There. I guess I revealed a little more.

Here's to a good week,
Larry

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us