The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / FIRE Wannabees

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/its-a-real-pleasure-to-read-the-advice-you-gave-19514706.aspx

Subject:  Re: Letter to young couple (long) Date:  8/28/2003  1:31 PM
Author:  edwinblaw Number:  589 of 5056

It's a real pleasure to read the advice you gave to another youhg couple just starting out. Your progress is amazing, increasing net worth to $250,000 in 5 years at 29 would have dazzled Warren Buffet.

For several years I have believed the Gen x is the best thing that has happend to America since OUR parents. I am in the erroneously labeled "greatest generation." Our parents raised us (THEY were the GREATEST, WWI, stock market crash, depression and got us ready for WWII.) WE failed to do the same for our kids in many instances. We gave them whatever because we wanted them to like us ---Dr. Spock. My kids do like me ... why shouldn't they? they got everything they asked for. Their value system is not the same as mine - and - yours if I interpret correctly.

Stay the course, my grandkids are moving along right with you (although not quite so successfully.) God bless EBL
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us