The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks K / Koninklijke Ahold NV

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/dianne-a-lot-of-discord-in-the-netherlands-over-19567521.aspx

Subject:  Re: Just for nothing Date:  9/11/2003  7:41 AM
Author:  mikearnold Number:  92 of 105

Dianne,

A lot of discord in The Netherlands over the compensation package of new CEO Anders Moberg. It could depress the stock a bit. The story has pension funds and boards not pleased with the package.

I even heard a little report about AHO on PRI/NPR's BBC broadcast [a lot of initials - Public Radio International / National Public Radio British Broadcasting Corporation] with regard to sentiments in Europe.

There is also a bit of bad news from Brazil in re stores AHO wants to sell - lower earnings. Interesting, though, in that Walmart one of the companys is interested in buying the store chain - Bompreco.

To the extent the waters remained roiled AHO will probably bounce around a bit.

My timing has been less than acute of late but I sold my holdings at $9.93 [bought at $8.42] in an IRA account. That's three times this year I've bought and sold. I'll be watching for a significant dip to consider buying back in. Given my record and exquisite timing the stock may never dip again.

The firm of Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe advised me on the sale.

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us