The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt


Subject:  Re: I have a collection!!! Date:  10/3/2003  10:21 PM
Author:  windyelliott Number:  171045 of 312160

If this is not your debt, then it shouldn't be listed on your credit report in the first place, especially considering your state law. The first thing I would do is contact the credit reporting agency and dispute the bill and then I would deal with your ex in getting her to pay it. But I would not claim any responsibility to the credit agency at all and I would simply dispute it. Then it will be up to the collection agency to prove it is your debt.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us