The Motley Fool Discussion Boards
Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing
|Subject: Re: After meeting with a Financial Advisor||Date: 10/4/2003 7:32 PM|
|Author: TheBadger||Number: 37390 of 81340|
My Financial Advisor Attributes would include:
1. (s)he is a CFP and CPA.
2. has at least 10 years of experience.
3. never, ever takes a commission for products purchased.
4. segments his services: pure financial planning; tax solutions; investment advice; each of which is purchased separately.
5. never ever recommends bundled life inurance / investment products.
6. never ever recommends load mutual funds.
7. prefer he never recommend any mutual fund except to invest in specific market segments that are difficult / impossible to get to without use of a mutual fund.
8. has good fundamental and multiple resources for developing a stable of 100 to 150 stocks that are good beginning cannon fodder for selection.
9. has good access to debt markets.
10. is aperson I can like, trust & respect.
Sorry to say that I have yet to meet this person, so I just continue struggling along doing it myself.
|Copyright 1996-2016 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us|