The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/just-reading-this-thread-it-would-appear-that-the-19669017.aspx

Subject:  Re: After meeting with a Financial Advisor Date:  10/4/2003  8:10 PM
Author:  ImAGolfer Number:  37391 of 75643

Just reading this thread, it would appear that the consensus of the board is that: A). No Financial Advisor is worth the money they charge and B). No Financial Advisor has enough ethics to recommend what's best for their clients regardless of the commission involved.

I don't happen to agree with that consensus. A good Financial Advisor is like any other good investment, difficult to find but worth the effort. Superior Financial Advisors are just as rare as superior investments.

While a lot of posters here appear to be able to make their own good investment decisions, a good Financial Advisor would still probably be worth the extra charge over a discount brokerage.

Just my 2 cents.

PosFCF

Hey PosFCF. I tend to agree with your observations about Financial Advisors. I like investing but I can't see myself doing this sort of thing when I'm in my 70's and 80's. I would much rather someone else take care of the day to day running of my account. I realize that I have the ultimate responsibility and will monitor the account accordingly. Just my $.02.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us