The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/but-it-is-only-the-ones-who-either-have-been-19678422.aspx

Subject:  Re: I have a collection!!! Date:  10/7/2003  1:03 PM
Author:  lizmonster Number:  171179 of 308722

But it is only the ones who either have been through this situation, or who have heard lawyers saying that this situation IS a problem, who are disgreeing with you.

My, but it's getting very LBYM in here!

I may have misunderstood, but it didn't sound like a cut-and-dried "she was an authorized user" issue. If I understand correctly, the doctor's office Joel's ex visited submitted the insurance claim to a company with whom he no longer had a relationship (i.e., they screwed up the paperwork). They never submitted the claim to his current insurance company. In effect, they never attempted to get the money from him or from any entity with whom he had a contract. And now they've sent the payment to collections.

The equivalent to that, I would think, would be a company trying to charge a credit card that had expired, and never pursuing the issue once it was denied.

-lizmonster

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us