The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Well on Less

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/that-article-is-100-correct-while-i-am-not-19727850.aspx

Subject:  Re: Phillipines Date:  10/17/2003  11:29 PM
Author:  torobravo2003 Number:  136 of 1481

That article is 100% correct. While I am not retired, I live and work in Jakarta and once you get use to this life, you can never go back. Imagine NEVER cleaning your house, NEVER driving a car (here we have drivers for about US$100 month), NEVER cleaning the table after dinner, NEVER cooking, and dining out for two for about US$10-15 for a nice international meal. So you think you have a lot of free time. Wrong. Once you are free from the mundane, your life suddenly fills with projects that you have always wanted to do: reading, photography, socializing frequently, really managing your stocks and investments, etc. While it sounds a little scary to move to a foreign country, after about a year you realize you can never go back to the "old" life. And I have more friends in Jakarta than I ever thought of having in the U.S.

ToroBravo2003
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us