The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks H / Hampshire Group, Limited

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thanks-i-agree-that-the-real-estate-deal-is-19729467.aspx

Subject:  Re: Anyone out there? Date:  10/18/2003  2:50 PM
Author:  Lover Number:  7 of 17

Thanks, I agree that the real estate deal is conflicted. I can only *hope* that they're conducting honest business on the real estate. (This was also true before, through.)

The remaining shares in the hands of the CEO do seem to ensure his ongoing interest in my interest.

The share repurchase has pros and cons. The pros are clear, the only con I can think of is that the float on the company is already so small that it keeps some investment bodies out. Maybe a share repurchase followed by a split would be nice.

Hampshire's deliberate approach to acquisitions seems to me to be Buffet-ish. I'm very leary managers who build empires at the expense of shareholders, and Kuttner and company seem to be avoiding that approach. I hope they can keep up the self discipline.

I hope the brand partners continue to do well also. The stock price has been behaving really nicely. I still don't great downside risk in the stock price, though.
--- Lover
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us