The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Well on Less

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/wwl-writes-gtgtgtgtgt-check-with-your-19732204.aspx

Subject:  Re: Possible Sources for Health Insurance Date:  10/19/2003  4:38 PM
Author:  retireearlyboi Number:  139 of 1498

WWL writes:

>>>>>
- Check with your credit union. Mine is now offering health insurance to its members.
>>>>>

Wow I did not know that this was the case. Would it be possible for you to post the link to your Credit Union? My Credit Union does not offer this but I think I will write folks on the BOD and give them the information.

As you probably know from REHP, I am retiring next month at the age of 41. By far my largest concern in retirement is health care. I will be on COBRA with my company's group policy for 18 months starting in December when my vacation time runs out. If at any time I go Part Time with over 20 scheduled hours (I will be remaining part time with the company with no scheduled hours) for the company, I can start that clock again, up to a maximum of 36 months on COBRA. After that I am on my own, and the company does not have individual policies, so i won't even be offered that.

It's funny but I think a lot of ailments are caused by the stresses of the working environment. So when you retire you are less apt to need insurance, and less apt to use it if you have it. However, it's much more difficult to get it.

The lasty thing I want is to have to go back to work just to maintain health coverage.

-reb
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us