The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/dh-is-a-sub-contractor-for-a-residential-framing-19734170.aspx

Subject:  Re: accept % offer? Date:  10/20/2003  9:52 AM
Author:  windyelliott Number:  171998 of 308847

DH is a sub-contractor for a residential framing construction company in the Tampa Bay area. It hasn't always been a source of high income, however.

Congratulations on having such a hard worker. My boyfriend is trying to start his own construction business but really doesn't see the potential success in it. So he doesn't put in the long hours and the hard work that I think he should. He keeps talking about getting an entry level job as a security guard just because they get benefits. I try to tell him that they also don't get much more then minimum wage and have to work long hours.

Unfortunately he would also like me to marry him. It is hard, but I have to tell him that there is no way I am going to marry someone who doesn't have their act together. I am doing too well on my own to take someone elses problems and make them my own.

The only advice that I would give (which I am sure you already know) is make sure your efund is very well funded. Contracting can be an "on again, off again" job. It would help both of you feel good to know that he could be out of work for a few months and still not have to worry about money. It is important to do this while the income level is still high.

Just my $.02.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us