The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Hobbies & Interests / Photography

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/this-is-my-first-post-here-19768798.aspx

Subject:  This is my first post here... Date:  10/27/2003  4:08 PM
Author:  ToesOnTheNose Number:  3042 of 22211

I'm really famous over on the Living Below Your Means board - not really, but I can dream, right?

Anyway, I am embarking on a new career. I have been taking photographs for at least 15 years. It started out as snapshots, then later, my dad bought me a Canon EOS 650 with a 50mm lens.

I am now going to turn pro. Am I scared? Yes. But, I'm getting everything in a row. One thing I am going to do is go all digital. I do believe, and this is a personal opinion, that film will fade away; well, not completely. But, almost.

At any rate, I am starting new with all my equipment. I have decided on the Canon EOS 10D system. I like Canon, and I already have most of the lenses. I am going to purchase two new bodies.

I am also looking at medium format, although the digital backs are too expensive. I may wait for that. The quality I have seem for digital 35mm is incredible. Way better than film, IMO.

I feel that going digital will allow me more control (in editing the final product) and it will allow better turn around time for my clients. Additionally, I do web design as a hobby, so this could fit right in with that for me.

Anyway, I have a million things going on. I am going to quit my job and move out of state where the cost of living is cheaper, and this will allow me to concentrate on my work.

Just wanted to stop in and say hi. So, Hi.

Toes
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us