The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Food & Drink / The Gestalt of Cooking

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/ive-been-told-i-make-the-best-cheesecake-around-19777516.aspx

Subject:  Re: What's cookin'? Date:  10/29/2003  10:26 AM
Author:  ChocoKitty Number:  11025 of 21259

I've been told I make the best cheesecake around and even had a woman fly here from Washington D.C. to pick up two cakes for what she called a very special dinner party because she had a slice here in a local restaurant and loved it--I kid you not. She flew in, took a cab to my home, picked up her cakes and tipped me generously, and got back into the cab, back to the airport, and back to D.C., cakes in hand. The furthest one of my cakes has flown is to California, specially ordered by one of my restaurant customers for someone visiting from the sunny state who had to take a whole one home with him--the four slices he ordered and ate in the restaurant just weren't enough. I don't make these every day like I used to back in the 80s, but my friends and family will not allow me to completely retire from producing at least a few cheesecakes a year.

*ahem*

You can't throw out something like that without posting a recipe! ;)

Thanks for sharing so much info about you! You're going to fit in just fine. This is a GREAT group of folks.

CK
(drooling)
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us