The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Food & Drink / The Gestalt of Cooking

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/ahem-you-cant-throw-out-something-like-that-19778702.aspx

Subject:  Re: What's cookin'? Date:  10/29/2003  1:26 PM
Author:  ejb152 Number:  11035 of 21259

*ahem*

You can't throw out something like that without posting a recipe! ;)

Thanks for sharing so much info about you! You're going to fit in just fine. This is a GREAT group of folks.

CK
(drooling)

lol, CK. Thank you for the kind words.

Now as for my cheesecake recipe, it's the one recipe, with numerous variations, I've created that I've never shared with anyone. I was once offered a tidy sum for it and declined it for future use, figuring I'd eventually open a chain of shops with it and retire at an undetermined date a la Famous Amos.

That being said, I will post another cheesecake recipe I created for a country club where I was pastry chef (this was back in the 80s--I haven't worked as a chef since 1989). I never used my own cheesecake recipe there but instead opted to create several new recipes for them, which are still mine, with the exception of the house cake. They bought that recipe from me when I resigned. All the rest are mine though and as soon as I find the notebook they're all written in, I'll share some of them, maybe not all of them, but some of them.

In the meantime, I have a stew recipe I created about 18 years ago posted online that is in season right now as it contains pumpkin. I even won a contest with this recipe and the story about it is posted there as well. It's an old page, so many of the food links probably don't work (it's tagged so the robots leave it alone). I left it intact as is for my own nostalgia; it was my first stab at web page creation. Though, it doesn't make up for the rest of my web site being woefully behind in updating. I can only say, "so much to do, so little time..."

http://www.lizswwworld.com/food/food1097.html

Liz
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us