The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Food & Drink / The Gestalt of Cooking

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-have-a-cheesecake-recipe-thats-damn-good-and-19778997.aspx

Subject:  Re: What's cookin'? Date:  10/29/2003  2:10 PM
Author:  thegreatdane Number:  11038 of 21259

I have a cheesecake recipe that's damn good, and unique to all other recipes I've tried. My father's father was a Danish pastry chef and was offered $10,000 for the recipe. He never sold and we've never given out the recipe. I often wonder if we could get rich off it, or just fat.

It reminds me of a story about a secret recipe. My great grandmother had a pecan pie recipe that my mother gave me and told me it was a secret "family recipe." So, years later I make the pie for a gathering and one person so loves it he askes for the recipe. Three generations of family women silently prevent me from passing it on. Instead, I offer to make another for the next night. While making it, I see that it contains Karo syrup. I grab the bottle and lo and behold there's a recipe on the Karo syrup bottle. I look closer and... there was my great grandmother's secret family recipe written on the side of the Karo syrup bottle, VERBATIM!

My mother also says we're related to Pocahontas.

Tom
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us