The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/not-our-expenses-19828453.aspx

Subject:  not our expenses... Date:  11/8/2003  10:59 PM
Author:  apacherose Number:  172954 of 312214

We use our debit card versus carrying cash (which is technically a Visa-logo card)...with the expenses taken directly from our checking account. Every now & then, I will review my check-register with the online account...& today, much to my horror, were 4-$79.50 & 1-$31.80 amounts deducted...all displayed as Verizon Wireless expenses. All these amounts were drafted on 2 days...they most definitely do not belong to us. I intend to personally go to our bank on Monday...what are the chances of having these expenses credited back into our account immediately? I've only ever had 1 disputed charge with a credit-card account, & it was resolved promptly...but have never experienced a checking account error of this $350 magnitude...it could have caused a bounced check had not it been near payday!! Could this just be human error from bank personnel...or possibly identity-fraud...would requesting new debit cards & passwords be in order even if bank error? Will not be sleeping soundly until our account is credited the $350 total & no more "foreign" expenses deducted...any info/input would be most appreciated... many thanks...Apacherose
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us