The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Well on Less

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/heh-heh-theres-always-a-slight-sense-of-19830766.aspx

Subject:  Re: SS conclusion Date:  11/9/2003  5:49 PM
Author:  InLivingColor Number:  213 of 1492

Heh, heh! There's always a slight sense of frustration when a good rant produces a well reasoned response!

Oh, dear, how thoughtless of me! Would this be any better

How DARE you take away my social security?!? I paid it, they PROMISED I would get it, and I will HAVE it, by golly!! You are nothing less than a cur to compare ME to your DOG. Did your DOG vote you into the office of Bone Giver? Is your DOG smart enough to PAY social security? How can you compare a BONE to my SOCIAL SECURITY RIGHTS anyway? This is so much MORE important than your dog's bone, SP, and don't you forget it!!!

??
*InLivingColor composes herself while straightening her tie*

I think you explanation is very reasonable. Unfortunately at its core is the fact that people are woefully ignorant about the nature of a program many are betting their lives upon.

Why yes, ignorance is at the core. It usually is. What do you propose we do about it?
ILC
who tends to go for the "lighting candles" method of dealing with darkness, but who acknowledges that others' MMV
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us