The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Traditional IRA - transfer & rollover Date:  11/14/2003  1:06 PM
Author:  going2win Number:  37830 of 88775

I'm assuming Vanguard will help with selling the stock and transferring the mutual funds? Obviously I need lots of help :)

Yes, Vanguard will do the actual transfer. All you have to do is fill out the forms they ask for. Go here:

And select Transfer Assets to a Vanguard IRA.

BTW, Vanguard does have some hefty minimums (e.g., $25000) on some of the premier funds and they do close them periodically as well; they also will charge a back-end fee if you transfer your funds out of a fund and into another Vanguard fund before 1 year (I'm not sure about the time period)


Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us