The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / FIRE Wannabees

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-got-a-late-start-on-my-finances-and-at-32-years-19987147.aspx

Subject:  Re: I'm so excited..... Date:  12/12/2003  11:59 AM
Author:  WeeBeastie Number:  1541 of 5069

I got a late start on my finances and at 32 years old I know that I will need to aggressively invest for the next 15 years. I would have liked to have been FI by 40 but it looks like I'll not make that mark.

In any event your post has lit a match under me and I too am going to really refocus my goals and change my attitudes.

Keep at it. Honestly, my latest calculation took me by surprise as I was really feeling that we weren't getting anywhere. I suppose when I added up the equity investments, employers matches, house appreciatation, principal payments on mortgage, and all those little categories it just seemed to make a big number at the end.

Keep going, it's not taken me that long, I was just surprised at how everything seemed to start compounding. (don't ask me why I surprised, it's not like it's a secret!!).

And at 32 - you're well ahead of most people!

CheerleaderBeastie.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us