The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Automotive / RVing Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/grandmalil-your-question-will-be-difficult-for-us-20030273.aspx

Subject:  Re: HEADING SOUTH Date:  12/20/2003  1:23 PM
Author:  NewPenny Number:  1096 of 2374

GrandmaLil,

Your question will be difficult for us to answer, since each of us has our own abilities and sleep needs.

As for myself, it depends on what I'm driving. If I'm zipping along in my little Neon Sport, I can drive for 13 or more hours before getting tired and looking for a place to sleep. If I'm driving the house (37ft Class A) I drive only 4 or 5 hours before pulling off, and I take a lunch/fuel break of about an hour besides. As for napping vs sleeping, I find I do better with a full night's sleep rather than trying to drive straight through using more frequent nap breaks.

Of course, each of us is different. The questions you can ask yourself, would involve how you function best. While driving your rig you want to be well rested in order to cultivate the safest conditions for your trip. What is your daily schedule like now -- while not traveling? How tired do you get while driving your rig? What will the weather be like while you're traveling? How well do you know the route? How much experience do you have driving your rig? There is just so much to consider.

Hope this gives you a place to start in finding your answer.

Penny
"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right."
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us