The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Relationships / The Wedding Chapel

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/diamond-engagement-ring-20031684.aspx

Subject:  Diamond Engagement Ring Date:  12/20/2003  7:54 PM
Author:  YunusEmre Number:  1593 of 1961

Within the next few months I may be proposing to the lady I have known for some time and I want to buy a ring and if everything is right I'll be in a position to propose to her. But I am not sure where to buy a ring from, I do not want to propose then buy a ring together, I want to buy it on my own and pop the question. I want it to be a very nice diamond ring, but I do not know where I should start looking. How about those you can order online are they sold in stores too? I doubt I can ever order an engagement ring online. Anyhow your suggestions are welcome, who sell good diamond rings, what is the trend these days (ladies would know this best I guess) and so on? Also how unfoolish is it to spend $$$$ on an engagement ring? I do not want to worry about how much it costs, yet I do not want to be too unfoolish. Of course the last consideration is what do I do with the ring if I do not propose or she says no? Are diamond engagement rings for forever? BTW right now I am feeling very dumb for asking these questions for some reason.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us