The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Automotive / Buying and Maintaining a Car

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thats-so-many-cars-why-have-you-had-to-buy-so-20108513.aspx

Subject:  Re: What have you owned? Date:  1/7/2004  12:38 AM
Author:  LLRinCO Number:  30273 of 71165

That's SO MANY cars. Why have you had to buy so many cars? Shouldn't Hondas/Acuras and Toyotas last longer than a few years? (OK, I guess the car before the 1979 Honda Accord went to your ex-wife, but why didn't the Acuras last longer?)

Except that I WAS the ex-wife!! I sold the Celica to get something cheaper (it was paid off), just to have the cash. I didn't get rid of the cars because they broke, I was just bored with them and got into the expensive habit of getting myself a different car every couple of years or so. I always paid cash, so I never got upside down in loans or anything. I never had a car longer than 2 years before the Expedition. I traded in the Lexus LS400 a few months ago because it is rear wheel drive and did horrible on the snow. I got studded snow tires for it, but it was too squirrley on the highway with the studs. I work night shift and often drive home between 2 am and 7 am, before the roads are plowed much. I really missed having 4 wheel drive, so I got the AWD RX300 (which I love and hope to keep a long time, this time)!
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us