The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Automotive / Buying and Maintaining a Car

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/1998-honda-civic-dx-hatchback-pearl-amethyst--20108666.aspx

Subject:  Re: What have you owned? Date:  1/7/2004  2:18 AM
Author:  0x6a74 Number:  30278 of 70807

1998 Honda Civic DX Hatchback - Pearl Amethyst? - Boooooring - I needed something cheap when my Subaru was about to die (literally, I don't think I could have made it home from the dealer that night)

2002 VW Passat GLX - Silverstone Grey - I love this car but I really want a BMW...probably next year

I've decided that I want a new car every 3 years or so. With the success I've had in my career this is something that I've decided I deserve. I don't like to worry about fixing my car or things like that. I guess it's the cost of piece of mind and I'm willing to pay it.

similar attitude.....

54 MG --BRG, highSchool grad. present i stupidly drove to Death (only used car on list)

67 Triumph Spitfire --white, great fun...many miles, sold it when drafted

71 (Triumph Tiger) --'blue', sold it when i got released ... having survived the army, i got all risk-averse

73 Volvo POS --lemon yellow

75 Toyota pickup --puke brown, sold it when i decided it didn't have enough power for city driving... great machine for backpaching.

84 Toyota Supra --black, loved this car, but at 280k she started to fall apart

99 Bimmer 328 --ugly grey... & decided i was too old for stick shift

01 Bimmer 330 --dark blue... first AutoTrans.... expect we'll be together many more years.

-j
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us