The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/fradcat-i-guess-my-main-concern-is-that-20109079.aspx

Subject:  Re: such a thing as saving to much? Date:  1/7/2004  8:46 AM
Author:  decath Number:  38395 of 76237

FraDcat:
I guess my main concern is that retirement is so far away(I'm 31, she's 33) I have no clue what taxes will be then. Not to mention by then the government may want a tax on our Roths lol. With a taxable account atleast you have an idea what to expect.

You might be surprised how soon you can retire considering your savings rate and the apparent financial savy that you and your wife have. See the "Retire early home page board" or the "FIRE wannabes board" for a wealth of information on how to retire early! People on these boards boast savings rates similar to yours, some higher.

REHP tends to be more of a social club of early retirees but no one over there has ever hesitated to answer an honest question about any subject related to finances or more specifically, retiring early.

The FIRE wannabee board has less posts but cuts to the chase with people seeking ways to get to FIRE faster.

I highly recomend both boards.

BTW! FIRE is an acronym for "Financial independant/Retire early!

decath
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us