The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Automotive / Buying and Maintaining a Car

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/first-of-all-let-me-preface-this-by-saying-that-i-20112542.aspx

Subject:  Re: What have you owned? Date:  1/7/2004  5:20 PM
Author:  Biznatcho Number:  30338 of 71119

First of all, let me preface this by saying that I squarely blame TMF for the knowledge that I will never be able to compile a list as impressive as that of SRHCB, due to the fact that I am now, ahem, financially responsible.

That being said, here it is in all it's glory:

1987 Ford Mustang - Base model with the 2.3L four-banger aka the Gutless Wonder. Blessing in disguise to a 16 year-old male. Don't ask me how I used to fit three teenage guys in the backseat. Mom drove it into the ground at 150k when I went off to college.

1999.5 Nissan Pathfinder (current) - College graduation gift from the parents (hey, I paid [still paying] for the actual college part). Wished I waited the 7 months for the '01 model with the 240-hp VQ, but she's been good to me and has gotten me through many a Lake Tahoe snowstorm. Runs like new at 66k and because of its utility, it will stick around even after I get a sports car. And yes, I have taken it offroad. ;)

Down the road: used Infiniti G35 coupe or BMW 330ci, although the new Mustang GT sure is grand.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us