The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Building / Maintaining a Home

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/the-application-im-thinking-of-is-just-heating-20115424.aspx

Subject:  Re: Radiant Heat System Date:  1/8/2004  8:57 AM
Author:  Goofyhoofy Number:  44373 of 128489

The application I'm thinking of is just heating the tile floor of a master bathroom up some — not actually trying to heat rooms, just make the floor feel warmer.

I should have added this to my prior response.

There is also an "electric" system which embeds resistance wires just below the tiles. One system I got literature for is from NuHeat (www.nuheat.com). Basically it just slips the wires in the thinset below the tile, so there's a lot less monkeying around.

The literature gives absolutely no price information, but I called the company and while what they really want is a schematic of your bathroom to make an accurate quote (of course), I got somebody to give up that a small bathroom is probably around $800 and a large bathroom around $1500 for the system. That doesn't include the tile (& installation, if you have someone else do it) of course. I don't know that they allow DIY installations (of course they do, but I think they don't guarantee it, then.)

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us