The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Automotive / Buying and Maintaining a Car

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/re-quotlol-does-200-lbs-deserve-that-20123022.aspx

Subject:  Re: What have you owned? Date:  1/9/2004  11:12 AM
Author:  SRHCB Number:  30409 of 71165

RE: "LOL Does 200 lbs deserve that "even"? Actually, I'm 240, 6 ft tall, and generally find even big luxury cars uncomfortable. The seats are too low to the ground and it's hard to get in and out. Also, in cars, my head (or at least hair) seems to always touch the celing, which bugs me. Cars also dont have adequate armrestsI like to have plenty of room to fidget.
OK, OK, I'm about the same height as you are but about 105 pounds lighter. So 200 pounds does seem heavy to me, though most people of our height do weigh at least 200 pounds.

I have no difficulty fitting in my car (1988 Honda Civic) or any rental/work cars I've driven in the past. My complaint is about the pants and belts sold in stores. I have a 30-inch waist, but most pants and belts start at 32 inches. So while I have a license to pig out, shopping for pants or belts is a James Bond mission."

Oh wow! I missed the paragraph break where the italics ended in my first reading and thought somebody was claiming to be 6' 240 with a 30" waist!

SB (I guess some Pro Football players might subscribe to TMF?)
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us