The Motley Fool Discussion Boards
Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing
|Subject: Re: confused about early retirement and withdraw||Date: 1/11/2004 2:12 AM|
|Author: tymmo||Number: 38465 of 74783|
That's correct. At least 90% of my IRA assets are money I rolled over from a 401k as I job-hopped through the 1980's and early 1990's. I agree that one is unlikely to retire before age 40 on a $3,000 annual IRA contribution.
(yeah, I bother to go to relevant boards)
Are you saying that 1) some companies offer GOOD 401ks, not true from your priors?
2) You benefitted from these (from your previous posts no one but the evil should) ?
3) Howard Dean should NOT TAX these obvious grossly-inflated excess profits from "the" rich, to give to those who so are desperate for a good meal and their prescription "rights" from people like you?
4) It should be more than a 3K contribution to 401k's? Whoa, getting dizzy here!
5) If you claim to job hopping for over 10 years, doesn't that mean you haven't found your purpose?
6) and, for the last time, i ask whether you would have retired if your lucky stock choices weren't right....suppose Pfizer dropped 99%?
And I don't claim to be an angel here...just pointing out some errors...of which i have made many...
|Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us|